Podcast Episode 33: How an Etsy Wreath Maker Used Social Media to Build a 6 Figure Business Selling Tutorials—with Julie OxendineMar 24, 2022
Watch this Episode on YouTube: https://youtu.be/3K9x1DRJ-CE
1. Tell us a bit of your story! What’s your background? How did you get started in wreath making and on Etsy? 3:25
2. How and when did you transition from selling wreaths on Etsy to selling tutorials? 13:53
3. How do you create the value for people to buy tutorials from you when there are so many free resources available on YouTube and all across social media? 16:57
4. I feel like your super power is marketing, Julie! WOW! I mean, Etsy does a lot for us, but you have totally taken matters into your own hands and your social media presence is extremely impressive. Can you please tell us a bit about how to create a marketing plan? How can we actively drive traffic to our own Etsy shops? 24:40
5. I’d love for you to spend some time on how you use Facebook specifically. Talk to us about your Facebook audience and how the platform continues to be so valuable for you! 32:55
6. OK so let’s switch gears and talk about TikTok because you’ve had wild success there, too! You just had a massive viral video a few weeks ago, right? We’d love to hear about that! 37:47
7. What kind of content have you learned works best on TikTok? I see so many sellers just putting up a simple video of their product and it doesn’t gain any traction. What do you think is the difference between content that will go viral versus videos that fall flat? 46:17
8. I just love how you’ve harnessed social media to grow your business, Julie. It is so inspiring and so smart! I think once someone gets started on Etsy—this is the next best skill to learn (along with building an email list) because it’s how we can protect our business and help it grow long term. Are there any other social media marketing crumbs you’d like to drop for us to help us see the bigger picture of how it can work together? 48:50
9. If someone is brand new to Etsy—only just getting started-- this might feel like A LOT. If they were going to focus on just one thing we touched on today—what would you tell them to do first? 51:48
10. I think there are two really important skills you have mastered--- the first is how to attract a following on social media (which is no easy feat these days--- this takes skill!) and the second is how to influence those followers to actually buy from you! I think we could all benefit from learning how you do this! You have a seriously amazing service you’re launching to help creative people and Etsy sellers specifically build their social media marketing platforms! Will you please tell us about it and how we can plug into it? 55:42
11. What’s the best place for our listeners to find you and connect? 1:01:30
Today I’m joined by Julie Oxendine, the creator of Julie’s Wreath Boutique. She has a six figure business selling wreath-making tutorials which she grew primarily from her masterful social media strategies that have attracted over 900,000 followers across 5 platforms. Tune in to hear her story from selling wreaths one-off on Facebook marketplace to the successful Etsy shop and website that pay her handsomely today.
**“How to Sell Your Stuff on Etsy” is not affiliated with or endorsed by Etsy.com
STUFF I MENTIONED:
Podcast Episode I mentioned about the seller who started out selling crocheted items and moved into selling patterns:
Podcast Episode 28: Etsy Success Story: How one Mom turned her passion for crochet into a full-time (largely passive) income-- with April Kehrer: https://www.howtosellyourstuff.com/blog/crochet-patterns-on-etsy
Join Julie’s monthly social media membership: https://juliesbizboutique.julieswreathboutique.com/offers/moKoGqR7/checkout
Julie on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/julieswreathboutique
You can find Julie on all social media platforms at: JuliesWreathBoutique
FREE ETSY MASTERCLASS: https://www.howtosellyourstuff.com/masterclass
FREE PDF DOWNLOAD: “4 Strategies I Used to Grow My Etsy Shop from $25 to $6000k/month”: https://www.howtosellyourstuff.com/site/4-strategies-opt-in
Grab my Course “Etsy Listings that Sell” and learn how to skyrocket your Etsy business:
Find me on Instagram and TikTok @HowtoSellYourStuff
HOW TO SELL YOUR STUFF WEBSITE: https://www.howtosellyourstuff.com/
HOW TO SELL YOUR STUFF INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/howtosellyourstuff/
HOW TO SELL YOUR STUFF SHOWNOTES: https://www.howtosellyourstuff.com/blog/promote-etsy-shop-on-social-media
Today’s Sponsor is my website “HowtoSellYourStuff.com” where I offer free and paid resources to help new Etsy sellers reach their goals faster. Check out my flagship course “Listings that Sell” https://www.howtosellyourstuff.com/etsy-listings-that-sell
This episode is sponsored by noissue. The ECO-FRIENDLY and customizable packaging company that is totally affordable for Etsy sellers. Learn more and shop sustainable, adorable packaging here: https://noissue.pxf.io/9W9KxE
*Some of the links above are affiliate links which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. You can see my affiliate disclosure here: https://www.howtosellyourstuff.com/affiliate-disclosure
Check out my eCourse Suite
Are you ready to dig in and learn exactly how to get your listings seen and sold on Etsy? You can do this! More than likely, you just need to make a few tweaks!
Learn at your own pace with my digital courses that are immediately available or hire me for a coaching session.
Get resources, tips & tricks, and loads of inspiration delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.