Podcast Episode 31: Etsy Success Story: Building a Handmade Furniture Empire --- With Ethan MorfordMar 09, 2022
Watch this Episode on YouTube: https://youtu.be/keXny2TJsL8
1. Tell us a bit of your story! How did you get started on Etsy? 4:45
2. Some of your products were featured in The Etsy House this past holiday season. Ethan, that is freakin’ amazing!! So first of all—for those who don’t know what it is—can you talk a little bit about The Etsy House? How did you end up there and what that was like? 7:12
3. You have quite a following on TikTok! How did that happen? Does it send you a lot of business? 9:00
4. What are some tips you could offer an Etsy Seller that wants to grow their shop using TikTok? What’s the best approach for “marketing” there? 10:50
5. What about Pinterest? Has it been a part of your business growth? What’s your strategy there? 12:12
6. Tell us about your favorite product you make? Do any of them have a really special story? 14:30
7. Talk to us about shipping such large products—how do you go about that? 18:10
8. At what point did you hire help and what do you delegate? 24:10
9. Who takes your photography? Do you have any strategies or tips? 28:05
10. You actually have your own website and a storefront now! How did that come about? 31:00
11. What are your top tips for a new Etsy seller? 36:20
12. How do you anticipate trends to help you develop new products? 45:13
13. Is there anything else you’d like to share—just your own thoughts and notes you came in wanting to convey? 47:15
14. What’s the best place for our listeners to find you and connect? How can they order from you?? 53:25
Ethan Morford is a modern day craftsman and a full blooded entrepreneur. He built his business, Hazel Oak Farms, beginning on Etsy with zero loans while working a full time sales job. Today he runs his full time Etsy shop, a Shopify store and a physical store front selling his gorgeous hand crafted furniture with his wife by his side on their farm in Ohio. Their pieces have been featured in The Etsy House over the holidays of 2021 and made him TikTok famous. You’re going to be inspired and equipped by this wonderful Etsy success story.
**“How to Sell Your Stuff on Etsy” is not affiliated with or endorsed by Etsy.com
STUFF I MENTIONED:
Where to find Ethan and Hazel Oak Farms:
Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/HazelOakFarms
FREE ETSY MASTERCLASS: https://www.howtosellyourstuff.com/masterclass
FREE PDF DOWNLOAD: “4 Strategies I Used to Grow My Etsy Shop from $25 to $6000k/month”: https://www.howtosellyourstuff.com/site/4-strategies-opt-in
Grab my eCourse “Listings that Sell” and learn how to skyrocket your Etsy business:
Find me on Instagram and TikTok @HowtoSellYourStuff
HOW TO SELL YOUR STUFF WEBSITE: https://www.howtosellyourstuff.com/
HOW TO SELL YOUR STUFF INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/howtosellyourstuff/
HOW TO SELL YOUR STUFF SHOWNOTES: https://www.howtosellyourstuff.com/blog/handmade-furniture-etsy-shop
THIS EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY:
Today’s Sponsor is “Perfecting Pinterest” by Sophia Lee. An ecourse that will show you exactly how to use Pinterest to get a ton more views on your Etsy listings: Perfecting Pinterest:
Sale Samurai – my secret weapon for SEO on Etsy
My YOUTUBE Video Link: https://youtu.be/HIw0oqF1aJc
𝗚𝗲𝘁 Sale Samurai https://salesamurai.io/324.html
𝗣𝗟𝗨𝗦 use my 𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗧 𝗖𝗢𝗗𝗘 to get 𝟮𝟬% 𝗢𝗙𝗙! ▶ howtosellyourstuff (all in lowercase)
*Some of the links above are affiliate links which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. You can see my affiliate disclosure here: https://www.howtosellyourstuff.com/affiliate-disclosure
Check out my eCourse Suite
Are you ready to dig in and learn exactly how to get your listings seen and sold on Etsy? You can do this! More than likely, you just need to make a few tweaks!
Learn at your own pace with my digital courses that are immediately available or hire me for a coaching session.
Get resources, tips & tricks, and loads of inspiration delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.