Podcast Episode 35: Create a Passive Income Selling Printables on Etsy—with Gold City VenturesApr 06, 2022
Watch this Episode on YouTube: https://youtu.be/HgK1Sm1nW6w
Julie Berninger is a toddler Mom and 7-figure entrepreneur who sells on Etsy, blogs, and podcasts. Her company Gold City Ventures helps people start Etsy digital download businesses from scratch. It's the perfect side hustle for busy people and Julie made over $10,000 last year selling printables in her Etsy shop despite moving 3,000 miles cross-country (yay passive income!) Julie and her husband paid off 100k of debt and aggressively saved towards early retirement in their 30s. She also is a huge proponent of women achieving financial independence.
1. Let’s start with your background and your story! I love how it’s completely different from any other story we’ve heard so far on the podcast. We want to hear it all---- all the way up to how you got started with selling Printables on Etsy? 4:20
2. Since we have listeners at all different backgrounds—can you please explain to us real quick—what is a printable? How is made and how does the Etsy customer receive this kind of product? 13:15
3. There are couple of concerns I hear all the time about printables--- the first one is--- people think the market is too saturated, (meaning, they think there are far too many sellers in this industry already making it hard to compete if you’re new to it). What has your experience been with this? Is it true? Can a newbie still make it? 18:36
4. How do you think Etsy as a platform feels about the Printable category? They really started out as a handmade marketplace and now we’re seeing a ton of digital products on the scene. Is Etsy all about it or do you think they’d prefer to see more of the handmade items again? 21:32
5. The second main concern I hear most often is--- what can people do it they don’t have any design skills or experience? Is it something they can learn and still do well? Or do you really need formal training to do it well and sell stuff on Etsy? 24:37
6. I think some people come to Etsy for a side-hustle and really have high hopes of making bunches of money. Can you give us a realistic sense of what a printable seller can earn and how many listings they’d probably need in their shop to earn it? 30:45
7. How do you generate ideas for what printables to make? It seems like the world is your oyster—there are thousands of possibilities. But I think that can feel super overwhelming for a lot of people. What do you recommend as a strategy for deciding what to create? 34:40
8. If someone is brand new to the printables concept but super interested—I imagine this whole conversation might feel like a lot! LOL! Where could they start? What are 1-3 steps they could take to start exploring it more? 38:59
9. Where is the best place for people to find you online and follow along with your genuinely inspiring financial and Etsy journey?? 41:38
Are you curious about selling Printables on Etsy and creating a passive income stream? Today I am joined by Julie Berninger of Gold City Ventures who is an expert in Printables. We’re tackling topics like: Is the printable market too saturated? What if you don’t have any design skills? How much money can you actually make doing this? And so much more!
**“How to Sell Your Stuff on Etsy” is not affiliated with or endorsed by Etsy.com
STUFF I MENTIONED:
Learn how to create and sell Printables on Etsy from Julie (Gold City Ventures):
- ePrintables Course: https://lizziesmiley--gold-city-ventures.thrivecart.com/etsy-printables/
(The doors for this course are only open from 4/7-4/10—so jump on this now if you want immediate access. Otherwise the link will take you to the waitlist for the next launch.)
If you’re good with the waitlist OR it’s after 4/10/22—visit here to get more info and find out when you can access the course: https://lizziesmiley--gold-city-ventures.thrivecart.com/etsy-printables/5f7f6464870b7/
Start with the Free ebook “Seasonal Products Secret”: https://lizziesmiley--gold-city-ventures.thrivecart.com/etsy-printables/5dbb5ec5f749c/
Julie’s Finance Blog: https://millennialboss.com/
Julie’s Etsy/Printables Blog: https://goldcityventures.com/
Find Julie on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/millennialboss/
FREE ETSY MASTERCLASS: https://www.howtosellyourstuff.com/masterclass
FREE PDF DOWNLOAD: “4 Strategies I Used to Grow My Etsy Shop from $25 to $6000k/month”: https://www.howtosellyourstuff.com/site/4-strategies-opt-in
Grab my Course “Etsy Listings that Sell” and learn how to skyrocket your Etsy business:
Find me on Instagram and TikTok @HowtoSellYourStuff
HOW TO SELL YOUR STUFF WEBSITE: https://www.howtosellyourstuff.com/
HOW TO SELL YOUR STUFF INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/howtosellyourstuff/
HOW TO SELL YOUR STUFF SHOWNOTES:
This podcast is sponsored by:
Sale Samurai – my secret weapon for SEO on Etsy
My YOUTUBE Video Link: https://youtu.be/HIw0oqF1aJc
𝗚𝗲𝘁 Sale Samurai https://salesamurai.io/324.html
𝗣𝗟𝗨𝗦 use my 𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗧 𝗖𝗢𝗗𝗘 to get 𝟮𝟬% 𝗢𝗙𝗙! ▶ howtosellyourstuff (all in lowercase)
*Some of the links above are affiliate links which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. You can see my affiliate disclosure here: https://www.howtosellyourstuff.com/affiliate-disclosure
Check out my eCourse Suite
Are you ready to dig in and learn exactly how to get your listings seen and sold on Etsy? You can do this! More than likely, you just need to make a few tweaks!
Learn at your own pace with my digital courses that are immediately available or hire me for a coaching session.
Get resources, tips & tricks, and loads of inspiration delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.